Automatikus fordítás magyarra: [GTranslate]
Munkaidő: Full Time Típus: Permanent
Helyszín: London Stansted
We are now recruiting enthusiastic team players to join our friendly team of Baggage Handlers/Ramp Agents at Stansted Airport. It’s a great opportunity to work for a global handling agent servicing a number of well know carriers.
Baggage Handlers/Ramp Agents provide the necessary under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by our customer airlines. This includes (but not be limited) to the loading and unloading of baggage and cargo and mail, sorting and transporting baggage to and from the aircraft and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
* Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
* Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
* Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
* Load/unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
* Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
* Placement of chocks and cones around the aircraft
* Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include baggage tugs, baggage carts, aircraft steps, belt loaders, aircraft ground power units, tow bars, container loaders, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft de-icing units, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
* Collect and load live animals and dangerous goods on onto aircraft
* Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
* Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
* Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
* Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
* Other duties as assigned
You will commence the role as a Grade 1 Agent; after successful completion of 12 months service, subject to passing the probationary period and demonstrating competence in all basic and intermediate tasks, you will become a Grade 2 employee. Following a further period of development and subject to job vacancies arising you will have the opportunity to apply for other positions/promotions.
The list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
* Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
* Ability to speak and understand the English language
* Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
* Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
* Willingness to work in inclement weather
* Able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
* Able to work as part of a team in a challenging environment
* A full driving licence
* Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
* Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Swissport is an equal opportunities employer, for further information on this, please visit (url removed).
Job reference: 209913463
Dátum: 2019-04-25 08:24:15
Állás hirdetés a CV Library által: